Monday, November 22, 2010

Quito

A tale of triumph over adversity, the adversity mostly being provided by me.  I'm now in Quito with a whole (working) bicycle and ready to hit the road, sort of.  Managed to lose my bank card on my last evening in New York so now have $200 to my name until that gets sorted.  Bike went together fine at the airport under the expectant gaze of various taxi drivers, cleaners and society at large whom, my limited spanish seemed to suggest, thought I was mad.  I was immediately upstaged by the massive tandem/trailer rig that was being built alongside (they also had all the right tools and stuff, and didn't pinch flat their inner...)  I cycled into town with the owners of said tandem, who set off from Alaska in June, they have an infinitely superior blog here.

Anyway, I'm off for some long overdue sleep and hot food, I'll write something more when I've actually done something, also it is very nice of you all to 'follow' me, makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself, I appreciate it.

Few pics of a rainy Quito up now.



No comments:

Post a Comment